Agree with this?
Many people are stuck in their life and business because they haven’t taken the time to deal with the real barriers that are holding them down. That’s why they buy the next get rich quick course or join the next big thing and still don’t move forward.
This morning I was talking via Skype with a stay at home and home business entrepreneur mom. A very good friend I met through social media years ago.
She is Hispanic (like me) and we concluded something very important about our Hispanic culture that you may be experiencing in your business or life.
We (Hispanics) start something and never finish it.
We get distracted by the new shiny object.
We get bored.
We know the mechanics and the “How to do” many things and yet we keep finding ourselves stuck in the same place.
The Hispanic community is very religious one. When it comes to money, we are taught about it the wrong way. We are taught that having a lot of money is evil and you must choose between God or Money.
Now, I don’t want to go into religious topics, I respect everyone point of view about it but historically we know for a fact that some religions taught wrong about money yet their churches and cars are very expensive properties. Go figure!
All of this, has been and it’s still leading the Hispanic community to live their lives totally confused about this topic and struggle to move forward and do what they have to create their dream lifestyle. (this is why we must have a good financial education, I love that topic but I will be writing about that later).
The worst thing is many of them go through life without even realizing that many of their economic problems are because of their past views/values/teachings about money.
Have you ever felt that way? A new project or relationship? Are you stuck and don’t know where to go or do next?
Even if you have a good daily action plan you must realize the reality is, no matter who we are, what we do or where we came from, there will be barriers holding us down that we MUST overcome if we really want to move forward. You may be asking how, right?
There are a lot of amazing self-help books out there that covers tons of material about this but I’m not going to copy and paste their material.
I will be focusing on simple tips you can use to move forward in your life and your business.
5 Simple Tips to Break Down the Barriers that are Holding you Down
1. Get away. Stop for a moment whatever you are doing and realize there is a problem. If you feel stuck in business or life don’t procrastinate and do this. Get away to discover yourself. A good idea is to take time for God, your family and yourself. May be get coached by a spiritual leader. Go on a vacation or retreat of any type. This is what my friend did and thankfully she find the problem that was holding her down.
Real Story: Back in 2008 I was in that place in my business and life. Stuck, no income, no job, nothing!. I know many people say don’t give up but in that particular time of my life I needed to get away and I’m very glad I did. After that I had a break through. In 2011 I hit Five figure a month for the very first time in my life. I think that speaks for it self and you get the point.
2. Invest in yourself. In order to come from a place of enthusiasm, power and posture when building our business you need to invest in yourself. To be on the right track you must realize you need more than just academic or professional education. You need financial and marketing education plus along with that you need to develop yourself (spirit and mind). You MUST do this each day. Are involved in the home business industry? This is THE COURSE you must start studying and own today. It was where I re-started everything and I truly mean that.
3. Focus in one thing (business, marketing method, book) and follow one mentor. Thanks to the social media crazy world we are living in distraction is easy. The cure for this is to consciously focus just on one thing and follow one mentor. You only have 24 hours in a day. Get out of all the lists you are in that doesn’t serve you. I don’t care of the value of those training or lists. Protect what you put on your mind! Your inbox is a great place to start.
4. Choose your friends wisely. It is been said that your income will be the average of the 5 people you are around each day. You can do this starting today. Clean your Facebook network. Delete friends and family that don’t add anything positive to your life. If you find any value from this post, I would like to invite you to like my fan page. I promise to share value with you. You have my word!
5. After all the above. Time to take action. After you re-charge your batteries and find the best marketing method that fits you, re-invest your profits in your business so you may scale your business from that point forward.
So there you have it!
My 5 Simple Tips to Break Down the Barriers that are Holding you Down.
I wish you all the best on life and in business. It’s not easy, but worth it!
Onward and upward,
Moisés Colón, BSEE